Sunday 14 April 2013

Further A2 literature layout ideas

This was my initial attempt at a different placement for type and the type containing area. I have kept the image size the same but I have placed it higher in the composition. Then, I have brought the type containing area downwards. I think this is an ok attempt at another positioning for type, but I think it is a little lazy. I think that I need to offer the viewer more than one image size. I think that an effective image placement may be below the text containing area in the bottom right corner of the composition. (Also, I have just noticed that this is not an image of Jonathan Barnbrook it is Wim Crouwel). 


This composition works much better. It is more dynamic as a layout. It is visually more interesting having all of the weight at the bottom of the composition. I am not sure about not including the name of the typographer. This was intentional, I wanted the poster to be more mysterious. However, I think that these posters need to be really obvious and clear about their display of information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment